Snom PA1: A fine-tuned business solution
Snom has developed a SIP bridge (PA1) enabling businesses to extend their existing public announcement speaker system while upgrading from digital/POTs systems into SIP-based voice communication solutions. The PA1 can be used in both small and large applications due to the inclusion of a 4-watt amplifier for single speaker projects. A microphone input is provided for two-way communication. Larger projects can utilize multiple speakers driven by external high wattage amplifier(s). The PA1 serves as an auto SIP answering preamp that drives the multi-speaker setup. Use of Snom’s proven SIP stack enables wide compatibility with all SIP platforms.
Applications for the Snom PA1 include:
- Large PA systems driven by external amplifier(s).
- Small PA systems driven by internal PA1 amplifier (eg. door answering system), and internal relay to open door(s).
- Phone ringer amplifier with ability to drive strobe light as visual indicator.
- Multi-cast relay up to 4 SIP identities to four multi-cast IP addresses.
- Works from your Snom handset
- 4 Watt power amplifier
- Works with handset, headset or in handsfree mode
- Easy to install
- Broadcasting announcements over 8 ohm speakers
- No training needed
- Voltage feed via network (PoE): IEEE 802.3af, class 3
- Ethernet: 2 x IEEE 802.3, 10/100 Mbps switch
- This product does not ship with a power supply. If you are not using a POE enabled network, you must purchase a POE injector or use a standard Snom power supply.
- SIP communication + Multicast
- Central configuration and maintenance
- Web interface menu
- Remote volume configuration
- 4 Watt power amplifier, class D (loudspeaker not included)
- Key for announcement of IP address and for resetting
- 2 LED status indicators
- For maintenance purposes: two 3.5 mm jacks for headphone connection
- 4 freely programmable output pins, configuration via web interface
- Robust housing for wall-mount